Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Mmmm, I like it like that, can't eat this and that, I want a Big Mac, I don't know how to snack, So kosher for me, so kosher for me...

According to WND, the Hanukka Hey Ya! song has now surpassed Adam Sandler's Hanukka Song in popularity, and has been downloaded more than 800,000 times 'since the last holiday season.'
WND also interviews song creator Eric Schwartz. The Hanukka song, it emerges, is not a one-off shot of genius -- he's made an entire career out of putting Jewish lyrics to well-known raps. Whilst the Hey Ya song is extremely funny, listening to all his songs in sequence (on his website under 'audio and video'), without amusing animations to accompany, suddenly brings back horrible memories of shlock Rock and MC Rebbe. Oy (and don't tell me that's just yo backwards).

No comments: