According to JTA, many Jewish organisations are already collecting donations for victims of Hurricane Katrina. If you would like to contribute,
- Contributions through the UJC can be made online at www.ujc.org or by mail at United Jewish Communities, P.O. Box 30, Old Chelsea Station, N.Y., 10113, attention: Hurricane Katrina. Mark the memo section of checks with Katrina.
- To donate through B’nai B’rith, checks should be made payable to the B’nai B’rith Disaster Relief Fund and sent to B’nai B’rith International, 2020 K Street, NW, Seventh Floor, Washington, D.C., 20006; or online by going to www.bnaibrith.org and clicking on the link for disaster relief.
- Contributions through the Union for Reform Judaism can be made at www.urj.org/give. Information on the Disaster Relief Fund can be found at
- Contributions through Chabad-Lubavitch can be made online at www.chabadneworleans.com, or by mail at Katrina Relief Fund, Chabad-Lubavitch of Louisiana, 7037 Freret Street, New Orleans, La. 70118.
- Contributions through the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism can be made online at http://www.uscj.org/Hurricane_ReliefYou_6553.html, or by mail at USCJ Hurricane Disaster Relief Fund; 121 Congressional Lane; Suite 210; Rockville, Md. 20852. Checks should be made payable to “USCJ”; mark the memo section with USCJ Hurricane Disaster Relief Fund.