Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Blog-crushes, revisited

I'd like to revisit the popular issue of blogcrushes -- and in particular, whether someone's personality is properly reflected through their blog, which, for those of you who read the original posts, was at the heart of the matter (no pun intended). Because at the end of The Shaigetz's last post, he makes the following comment:
I am off for my annual holiday. As my wife has no idea I write this blog, although I know she is an avid reader, I can hardly justify needing an Internet connection in the place I will be. So I will sign out now for three weeks and ponder what I just wrote.
Unlike this one, for example, The Shaigetz's blog is personal, very personal, in style, in subject matter, in the (numerous) identifying details he reveals. He's writing about his life, his society, his innermost thoughts.
I'll tell you something: if I was writing that kind of blog, and my husband regularly read it but did not realize it was me, I would be extremely, extremely worried.

No comments: