Sunday, July 04, 2004

The oldest Jew in the blogosphere?

The newest addition to my blogroll: Help Me, Bubby!, a blog full of sensible, old-fashioned advice from an 88-year old Jewish great-grandmother.
Her most famous piece of advice -- to date -- has been telling a woman asking how to defrost chicken to make sure it's dead before she freezes it. Who could argue with that?
More words of wisdom:
Dear Bubby,
I am in the 6th grade. I used to be considered a nerd/weirdo. I still haven't had a girlfriend. I found a girl I like, but I am not sure if she likes me. She isn't exactly what you'd call popular. I want to tell her, but I don't want to ruin my new reputation. What do I do?
Sinceriely, an anyomous 6th grader

Dear 6th grader,
With a nick name like nerd/weirdo I am sure you will go places and leave the rest of those kids behind. Don't worry about that. Just study and learn. As for this girl I think you ought to say good morning and ask her if she thought the homework was difficult for her to do and offer to study with her. Then you work up to a walk and maybe a soda. A few jokes. Let her see what a good friend you can be.
Have fun. ♥, BUBBY

No comments: