Sunday, July 18, 2004

M-date

Jews aren't the only ones with religion-specific dating sites: Muslims have them too, although there are some crucial differences: 
Like other online dating services, the Muslim Web sites ask their members to post photos, biographical profiles and descriptions of what they are looking for in a spouse. But instead of moving quickly to the dating stage, the user of a Muslim site typically spends weeks or months exchanging comments online with a potential mate before deciding whether to seek a meeting.
The next step is for the couple to meet in the presence of family members, friends or the leader of a mosque. If that goes well, they will set up other chaperoned meetings that could lead to an engagement. They are not allowed to be alone together until after they are engaged.
Check out www.zawaj.com and www.naseeb.com. I particularly liked this post from a woman searching for a match -- for her brother!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your blog about adult dating. If you have time, check out my online free personals web site. It is nothing special but you may still find something of value there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miriam , your site is way cool. I found it while I was searching for blogs on online dating service . I see that adult dating is exactly what I’m looking for, it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for online dating service related information, and I'm glad I stopped by. I also think we should trade links! If you are interested, simply email me at my online dating service site with your linking informaton. Keep up the good work.