Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Facing Barak's weirdness


Barak: after and before? (Photo Credit: NRGPosted by Hello

Ehud Barak has had his famous mole removed. The burning question in the Israeli press is: did he inject his face with botox as well?
The tabloids (namely, Ma'ariv) are treating this as a gossip item, more proof of Barak's vanity. But if he did undergo the procedure, I think it is actually an important clue for those still trying to understand Barak, and how he behaved while in power.
Just a few months back, he told Ma'ariv in an infamous interview that, "It is actually unnatural for me to expose my feelings. I don’t derive any satisfaction from doing that.... I just want to be in control so that I can be effective and experience life consciously... Even when I am at the peak I don’t feel any ecstasy."
What better way to hide your emotions than with a botox injection, which freezes all your face muscles?
It's not a beauty statement. It's pathological.

No comments: