Thursday, June 10, 2004

Yeshiva dropouts

A new website for and about boys who are 'off the derech' or about to drop out of Yeshiva. The site does not mention who's running it.
Questions in the open forum include:
"My mashgiach is roidefing me!!! Can`t cope!! He doesnt look at any of the other boys, except me!! I am the only one who he notices by davening!! He hates me... and I hate him... What should I do???"
"I have got a problem... I am 18 and am a bum, a shaigets. I really would wanna be a nice, honest bachur, and be close to god, but i can't be bothered. I want to become stabile, but can't be bothered because its a long long way... so I want to want to be good. Please answer me"
"im in a very good small yeshiva and im marbits torah all the time but i have enough that the mashgiach and the other rabbis are running after me all the time,like where im going at night,where im going for shabes,to who im talking all the time on the phone,.... !! so i desided to go to the 'mir',but i am afraid that i will not marbits torah anymore there cause its a hefkerplace. can someone help me..."
It's gratifying that the community is finally trying to find creative ways to help these boys. Shame not all the questions sound, let's just say, 100% real...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanx

Anonymous said...

HI there....I came across your Yeshiva dropouts blog and was wondering if you could help point me an some direction because all I keep finding is free gift certificate form related stuff and I am very interested in it but not finding anything about the subject. I am looking for free gift certificate form...although I did come across this site free gift certificate form and it was actually pretty cool. I was hoping to get some feedback and I think you have a great blog here and I will be bookmarking it to check back in a couple of days.

Anyways, let me know if you have any other resources related to free gift certificate form specifically and post it here. I will much appreciate it...thanks!