Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shmuley Boteach vs Libya

Libyan leader Muamar Gaddafi seems to have outsmarted the Scots. But can he outsmart Shmuley Boteach?

The rabbi revealed last week that the Libyan owns a house next door to his in New Jersey, and that in preparation for Gaddafi's visit to the UN next month, Gaddafi's men destroyed a fence and cut down trees on Rabbi Boteach's property. In his initial column, Rabbi Boteach extended an open hand (and the offer of a cup of coffee) to the Colonel. This week, however, following the release of Lockerbie bomber al-Megrahi, he writes:

Libyan construction workers pulled out my fence and cut down my trees without so much as informing me, let alone asking me. I speculated that they cut down my trees so that they could spy on my house for security purposes.

Well, they should know they have nothing physically to fear from me. I live by a religion that has forever established the infinite value of every human life. But if they don't restore my trees and fence to what they were, immediately, I will sue them. At least then Libyan money will go toward peaceful projects like planting trees rather than blowing up planes.

Yes, we are mad as well and we won't take it any more.

Frankly, I'd be careful who he messes with.......

No comments: