Thursday, July 03, 2008

'Saved by a smelly tramp'

Manchester reader Ya'akov Wise sends us the following update:

A former Manchester woman was on the number 13 bus in Jerusalem at noon on Wednesday and was saved because she did not want to embarrass a smelly tramp who was sitting next to her. Corinne Silver, formerly of Tewkesbury Drive Prestwich and a part-time employee of the Manchester Beth Din, left the bus two stops before an Arab worker drove his bulldozer into it and overturning it.

Mrs Silver who now works as a house mother at a seminary for girls near Jerusalem said: "I went to Jerusalem and after seeing my son Yosef got the number 13 bus from his office towards the central bus station. The bus was full but eventually I got a seat and then, a really smelly tramp came and sat next to me, the smell was overwhelming and I decided, 'ha just what I need...'

As the bus went up Rehov Yaffo the overwhelming smell pushed me towards the door and I got off the bus... less than a minute later an Arab terrorist driving a bulldozer charged into a crowd of pedestrians, rammed the bus killed 3 people and injuring many more ... As I stood there I thanked Hashem for sending me a smelly bus companion.

But what happened to the man who saved her life??

No comments: