Thursday, March 10, 2005

Jews, Cocaine and Courage on Bathurst Street

A follow-up column in the Canadian Jewish News by Avrum Rosenzweig - "Jews, cocaine and courage" - takes up some of the issues about substance abuse in the Toronto Jewish community he raised in his previous, much-copied and circulated column.
This week he is more direct:
"Zalman Goldberg, a professional with JACS Toronto (Jewish Alcoholics, Chemically Dependent Persons and Significant Others) recently spoke at a fundraiser for the organization. In his speech, he said: “Two years ago the city of Toronto was hit with a terrible tragedy. An upstanding member of the community was brutally taken from us in his prime…no matter what we tell ourselves… no matter what we wish to believe, he was murdered by a drug-addicted youth who was at Lawrence and Bathurst looking to buy drugs from our kids." [My emphasis - PS]

Can't put it more directly than that.

5 comments:

jiri said...

Nice Blog!!! It looks like you've spent a fair amount of time setting it up and keeping the content fresh. I'll be sure to come back.

I have a online dating blog. It pretty much covers yahoo dating related stuff.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

alena said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you I have a free online dating service. It pretty much covers dating stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.

Baller said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

If you have a chance, can you visit my friends Dating Ideas site


Thanks

freestuff2 said...

Hey I just love your blog. I also have a american single
blog/site. I mostly deals with american single
Please come and check it out if you get the time!

Drunk Glory Hole said...

click for dating parent single