Wednesday, June 22, 2005

What would Jesus eat?

The London Times covers the $40m. 'Christian diet' industry, which aims to get people eating like they did back in biblical times. Dieters have a choice of
Creationist Diet: Nutrition and God-Given Foods According to the Bible Gary F. Zeolla (2000): Divides foods into ‘God-given’ and ‘non-God-given’
The Prayer Diet: Matthew Anderson (2002): Says God will determine your ideal weight
What Would Jesus Eat? Don Colbert (2002): Says we should copy Jesus’s simple diet and recommends eating fish, cooking with olive oil and walking every day The Lord's Table: A Biblical Approach to Weight Loss (Setting Captives Free): Mike Cleveland (2003) Says the proper motive for losing weight is the glory of God
The Maker’s Diet Jordan Rubin (2005): A 40-day eating plan that addresses spiritual, physical, mental and emotional health using the Bible
Of course, Jews follow a 'biblical diet' every day, namely Kashrut, but no one seems to be recommending that....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have found a program that works fast for If anyone else cares about nutrition software. Visit here and let me know if it helps you with nutrition software too.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Miriam. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of herbal life weight loss product and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on herbal life weight loss product. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!

Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding best weight loss supplement and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Miriam your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on best weight loss supplement was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for best weight loss supplement for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at best weight loss supplement . You never know you may find some good deals!