Friday, January 07, 2005

Kids say the darndest things .....

The feisty Renegade Rebbetzin reports a theologically challenging dialogue with one of her children. This reminds me of one of my all-time favourites. Years ago, an aquaintance of ours was driving her kids somewhere.
Voice from the back seat: "Mummy, where do babies come from?"
Mummy (driving), takes deep breath:" Well, Hashem puts a seed into mummy's tummy, and Hashem asks daddy to help make it grow, and Hashem looks after the baby in mummy's tummy, and then Hashem decides it's time for the baby to come out, and Hashem decides whether it will be a little brother or a little sister."
Back seat (silence,thinking): "Mummy, I have another question, then."
Mummy (alarmed, trying to concentrate on traffic): "Yes darling, you know you can always ask Mummy any question"
Back seat:" How do goyim have babies?"

Note: Please do not comment on the theology or the biology of this exchange. B'H, the 'back seat' grew up to be a wonderful young man, who has been in a deep Litvish Yeshivah foir many years. He may have been updated on the birds and bees since.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog about classified advertisements.
Thanks. My blog isn't quite ready yet, but I
have a site about classified advertisements.
I love to give info. too so come on by
if you get some free time.

Anonymous said...

online, free of charge! It doesn’t matter if your enterprise is a purely online or offline venture,

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
I have a web traffic oriented site,
and I'm always looking for the latest stuff... ya know?
If your interested in how to buy targeted web site traffic you can check it out.

Anyway, I was looking around, like I said, when I came across your blog.
(Always looking around, no learning is bad learning... right? ;-)
Kids say the darndest things ..... caught my interest... Really good read!!

I'll keep an eye out for your next post!
And Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, here is the greatest business opportunity seeker of the 21st century. Come and check the videos about business opportunity seeker and see why it is possible to make $4,000 a week ! Dave

Anonymous said...

Hello Paul, I've just been playing Serious Sam 2 before getting down to do some research into frontpage hosting; on the whole I'd rather continue playing. First place I came to was this post so I've been having a good time reading your blog. There are some ideas that I could maybe incorporate into frontpage hosting to make it more useful. Thank you!